Reset and Recharge!
Arrive frazzled and leave invigorated in this rejuvinating weekend. Each day will be filled with vinyasa flow, yin yoga, restorative yoga, and mindfulness meditation practices that aim to and nourish strengthen you from the inside out along with day trips, pampering, and healthy eating - all you designed to help you develop your road map ahead...
You will walk away from this will feeling like a whole new person!
Hiking Day: Saturday 23th April
8:30–10:30 Yoga and mindfulness meditation with Sound Waves
12:30 - 16:30 Mindful hike up White Combe (& snack pack)
20:00 - 21:00 Restorative yoga with Sound Waves
Leaving Day: Monday 25th April
6:30 Rise and Smoothie
7:30-9 Yin/Yang Yoga & Mindfulness Mediation with Sound Waves
9:30 Pick up and drop off to Millom station
10:00 On Train
Introduction Day: Friday 22nd April
12:30 Millom Station Pick Up
13:00 Welcome drinks and Lunch
14:00 Tour and Settling In
16:00-18:00 Yin/Yang Yoga & Mindfulness Mediation with Sound Waves
20:00 Chilling in the luxury!
Semi-Silent Pampering Day: Sunday 24th April
7:30 Rise with a deliciously energising smoothie and tea/coffee.
8:30–10:30 Vinyasa yoga and mindfulness meditation with Sound Waves.
12:00-14:00 Massages/downtime/mindful walking/meditation
14:00 Tea/Coffee and Light Bite
15:00-16:00 Massages/downtime/mindful walking/meditation
16:00-18:00 Yin/Yang Yoga & Mindfulness Mediation with Sound Waves
20:00 Chilling in the luxury & packing!
Friday 22nd 7:30am Euston Station, London - 12:15pm Millom Station, Cumbria
Monday 25th 7:27am Millom Station, Cumbria - 12:15pm Euston Station, London
You will be collected from the station and dropped off at the farm at the specified times of 12:30pm, Friday and picked up 7am Monday. Please note that if you miss these times you will be responsible for your own transport to the Farm. We will provide you with taxi information.
The address is High Lowscales Farm, Millom, Cumbria LA18 5JL.
- From the east/Kendal you will approach on the A595. At Hallthwaites turn left onto the A5093 signposted towards Millom.
- Continue for a couple of miles through The Green and The Hill. ½ mile after passing Underwood House B+B and Ghyll Scaur Quarry on the right hand side turn right at Low House farm on to a minor road.
- Go uphill for a few hundred metres to the top of the hill.
- Just after the top of the hill turn right onto the single track farm road (by a Public Footpath sign signposted towards “Lowscales Bank”) and over the cattle grid.
- Drive very slowly and take care as the road is narrow with some blind humps and only a few passing places.
- Continue up the road and over a second cattle grid. Drive VERY SLOWLY when the road bends to the left and forks.
- Take the RIGHT FORK and continue up the road through a gate (please shut the gate) and drive VERY SLOWLY when approaching the blind hump.
- Continue past some outbuildings on the left, over a third cattle grid and up to the farm.
- The car park is on the left hand side. Please go through the wooden pedestrian gate and up the steps.
Locally sourced, organic, gluten free food prepared by a local independent chef. Menu posted closer to the time once dietary requirements are submitted.
A 30 min aromatherapy massage is included in the package.
You may book additional beauty treatments at your own expense (cash only).
Hope Bastine is barefoot child of India with life-long experience in yoga and meditation. She has a well-grounded background in anatomy, physiology, neuroscience, and psychology before launching into her formal yoga training with Jason Crandell and The Yoga People. After having trained with Burmese Monks, she extended her training into the secular mindfulness discipline under the guidance of Dr Collard, author of 'MBCT for Dummies'.
As a practicing psychotherapist, Hope is an expert in the psychological benefits in Mindfulness and yoga. She writes for articles appearing in Psychologies Magazine, Tope Santé, My Weekly, and PRweek. Her classes are nourishing dynamic.
A teaching collaboration with other teachers is to be expected.
Suggested packing items:
- Hiking boots
- Hiking clothing
- Yoga clothing (flexible wear) bring layers (sweats/cardigan)
- Evening wear
The Yoga and Meditation:
Classes are held in the far infrared studio heated to the optimum temperature of 27 degrees. The evidence-based therapeutic benefits of practicing in this subdivision of the electromagnetic spectrum heat include: increase fitness levels, aid in weight loss, boost the immune system, manage health problems, both physical and mental, and improve over-all well-being. Practicing in this kind of heat can also benefit athletes, helping to reduce injury rates and speed up the recovery process after training.
How does this happen?
- Muscles are warmed making them more malleable, dramatically reducing the risk of injury and increasing flexibility
- The flow of synovial fluid is stimulated in the joints, keeping them well lubricated, reducing friction and damage to the bones
- Internal organs and glands are gently massaged, aiding the digestion system and increasing its effectiveness to breakdown foods and absorb vital nutrients into the bloodstream
- Increased water intake flushes toxins out of the body, cleansing and purifying the system
- Abdominal-diaphragmatic-breathing increasing lung capacity and strengthens the diaphragm reducing the risk of respiratory conditions
- The circulatory flow is improved, aiding the cardiovascular and lymphatic systems, flushing every part of the body with nutrients and removing harmful waste products, cleansing and rejuvenating the entire system
- Reduces stress and anxiety by bringing together physical and mental disciplines which focus and calm you as you move your body through poses that require balance and concentration
- Fat is burned up and muscle tone is dramatically improved
We are the world's first and only studio to offer Liforme yoga mats. We feel practicing with the alignment markers and high grip help you get the best our of your practice and better care for your bodily posture. These are the state-of-the-art and most expensive mats on the market, as a care courtesy we humbly request you maintain a careful mani-pedi in order preserve the quality care of our investment.
Benefits of the AlignForMe system:
- Your body will feel steadier and more aligned
- It can help you to avoid injury. Without knowing it, yoga practitioners can weaken their body through repetitive incorrect placement/alignment. With our AlignForMe System you can have a greater understanding of what goes where and how to correct yourself.
- You can immediately self-correct. If you’re in class and see that you are misaligned you won’t need to wait for your teacher to correct you. And when the teacher is there, they’ll be able to see more clearly where you may be mis-aligned.
- If you’ve been practising a certain way this may feel strange at first. We noticed anomalies in our bodies we hadn’t seen before – like a right foot which tended to stray too wide in Downward Facing Dog, or a left leg that couldn’t step as far forwards as the right leg. All these differences can even out in in time with consistent correct placement.
The styles of practice you will experience:
- Vinyasa Flow
- Chakra balancing Yin Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Mindfulness Meditation
Terms and conditions
1.) Please have mutual respect for each other, each other’s property, and the facilities. You must keep all furnishings and fittings inside and outside the Property as you find them at the beginning of your stay. The Property must be left in the same clean state in which you found it you found it in. Breach of these conditions may result in us making an additional charge for cleaning and/or any damage or loss. You are expected to show due consideration for other people, not to abuse the Property or behave in an inappropriate, rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour. Attendance can be refused or you may be asked to leave before the end of your stay. If this happens we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation. It is your responsibility to check the retreat meets your needs and we cannot be responsible for ensuring the retreat is entirely suitable for your needs.
2.) The itinerary will be posted in each room, you are responsible for taking part in the classes and activities, if you are not in a class etc. I will assume you want time to yourself etc).
3.) Drinks will be available at the Welcome, but please drink in moderation in order to enhance your experience at the retreat especially considering the intention of your stay.
4.) This is a semi-silent mindfulness-based retreat, so there will be periods of silence. Outside of periods of silence you will get the most out of healing experience if you have have meaningful, connected conversations with one another.
5.) If you miss your travel connections or are late for the pre-arranged pick-ups and drop offs, you will be then responsible for your own travel arrangements to and from the Farm. We will provide Taxi details for you.
6.) Compensation payments will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event we cannot foresee including riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire, epidemic or health risk.
7.) Any booking obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of any payments made and the party will not be permitted to check in to (or will be asked to leave) the Property.